The Arteaga's

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life Lessons: Stay Calm

Today I had a major scare with Vanessa. She was eating some melon pieces and put one too many in her mouth and choked!! I could hear the panic in her cough and I could see the panic in her face. As she started gasping for air, I too freaked out and panic set in. I usually panic completly in situations like this and Tony is the one who can work through a crisis. However, he was not home and I had to act FAST! I quickly remember reading that you should attempt to clear the airway before doing the Heimlich. SO, I stuck my index and middle finger in there and scooped up 4 pieces of melon!!!! 4!!!! and of course throw up all over my hand! The joins of being a parent!! I felt instant relief when she started to cry, I knew she was fine.

Vanessa:
You scared mommy! The thought of anything happening to you devastates me. You and your brother are my world and I could imagine a day without you. STOP stuffing your mouth!! : ) I Love you boo boo!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! how scary! Nessa, you crazy lady... don't you know that only nino has a mouth big enough for four pieces of fruit!!
    -Nina

    ReplyDelete